We are centrally situated downtown Reykjavik with easy access to the main shopping streets of Laugavegur and Skólavörðustígur. Apartments Aurora offers ideal location for exploring historic sites or spending leisure time in enjoyable surroundings, where shops, restaurants, art museums and galleries, cafés, bars, nightlife and many other attractions are just a short walk away.
Within a short walking distance from the apartments you will find the following:
- Laugavegur – main downtown shopping street.
- Skólavörðustígur – designer stores, boutiques, art, cafés, the new downtown trend in Reykjavík
- Hallgrímskirkja Church, one of the city’s most famous landmarks. You can take an elevator to the top of the church tower and enjoy spectacular views.
- Althingi – one of the world's oldest parliaments
- The old Reykjavík harbor area with plenty of restaurants and cafés. Your point of departure point for whale watching trips (April–October).
- The Culture House has Iceland’s Medieval Manuscripts, among other artifacts.
- Harpa Concert & Convention Hall.
- The National Art Museum
- The Reykjavík Art Museum
- The National Museum of Iceland
- Reykjavík's City Hall and the pond, Tjörnin
- The quirky flea market, Kolaportið, open Saturdays and Sundays.
Within a short distance of the apartments, you will find the following attractions:
- The Pearl – one of Reykjavik’s landmarks, where you will enjoy great views over the city. Visit the Saga Museum or dine in the elegant revolving restaurant on the top level
- Kringlan shopping mall, with over 60 stores
How to get there
- Flybus offers a very convenient coach service from Keflavik International Airport to Reykjavik. It operates in connection with all arriving flights and departs approx. 35-40 minutes after each arrival. You will find coaches immediately outside the arrivals terminal. If you buy Flybus+ they will take you directly to us.
- Follow signs to Reykjavík city center.
- Aproximately 45 minutes drive.
- Taxis are available right outside the airport building.
- If you need to order a taxi please call (+354) 561-000 or (+354) 588-5522.